1. Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
2. Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four year college or university and/or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with the program population is preferred.
3. Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) applicants are encouraged to apply.
Facilitate daily respite activities with and provide recreational/educational opportunities to program youth, including evenings and Saturdays. Supervise the daily activities of youths, providing ongoing support, guidance, and role modeling. Facilitate youth improvement in the areas of personal responsibility, social skills, community living skills, behavior and academic performance. Provide child care during scheduled parent support / psycho educational groups.
1. Spend at least 80 percent of working hours in personal contact with youths.
2. Serve as key staff member for youths assigned, assuring supervision and accountability for them at all times.
3. Participate in planning and implementation of daily activity schedule and daily routine as assigned by Shift Supervisor.
4. Assist in developing treatment or service plans.
5. Attend and participate in staff meetings.
6. Provide ongoing support, guidance and role modeling for youths.
7. Participate in and facilitate program groups when appropriate.
8. Provide individual, informal counseling to youths to discuss interpersonal issues, treatment issues and develop goals and plans to address concerns.
9. Document interactions and objective behavioral observations of youths in progress notes in a timely manner.
10. Participate in staff training as required and successfully pass proficiency test(s), where appropriate.
11. Transport consumers to and from appointments as necessary.
12. Perform physical intervention in the event of a youth crisis.
13. Perform all duties in accordance with the agency’s policies and procedures.
1. Essential functions are not limited to the tasks listed and may include other duties as assigned.
2. Must pass background checks (State Central Register for Child Abuse, NYS Justice Center, Criminal Background check).
3. Must hold valid driver’s license, own a reliable vehicle with current auto insurance, and be available for travel throughout Westchester County, as well as surrounding counties as required for job function.
1. High energy level, superior interpersonal skills and ability to function in a team atmosphere.
2. Good communication skills.
3. Must possess excellent vision and hearing, and the ability to read and speak English.
Submit an updated resume with cover letter outlining your interest and relevant experience via email to nafiNYjobs@gmail.com with “Attn: Family Wraparound Respite Worker” in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS. EEO